Teacher (m/f), full time
For cross-cultural-awareness courses for basic primary and secondary school children, grade 4 to grade 7
SinaLingua in Shanghai, P.R. of China
SinaLingua is a Cross-Cultural Training and International Business Consulting Company with offices in Germany and China. We provide cross cultural training for private enterprises as well as public, private and vocational primary schools in China. Thanks to our company’s rapid growth, we are now providing training to more than 10.000 students at over 20 schools located in 6 different districts in Shanghai municipality.
During the course of globalization, the city of Shanghai introduced “Cross-Cultural Awareness” as a lesson in the class curriculum for the 3rd to 6th grade school children. Our “Cross-Cultural-Awareness” (CCA) course is designed to help 3rd-6th grade students become aware of differences and similarities across cultures worldwide.
Through a wide variety of creative and interactive teaching methods, we teach these students about cultural diversity on the globe, here with a focus on Asian and Western countries. Our task is not only to raise student’s awareness and knowledge of as well as comfortableness with cross-cultural issues but also let them understand why and how to act and behave in certain situations.
As a result we are currently looking for a teacher for cross cultural program in Shanghai.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
– Conducting 4 half days CCA-teaching lessons per week in Shanghai schools for about 10 to 12-year old Chinese students
– Close collaboration with our experienced team
– Further developing actual Cross-Cultural-Awareness teaching material
– Further developing your ideas on content, topics, media, events, test, etc.
Your benefits – What we offer
– Working visa
– Job familiarisation and on-the-job training (full or part time)
– A competitive salary between: 12k – 15k/month (before tax) plus bonus at the end of each semester according to the results obtained (enables you a comfortable life; flexible according to experience & qualifications)
– Chinese national holidays and 20 days of paid holidays per year
– Practical experiences and knowledge working with one of the market leaders on Cross-Cultural-Trainings & Education in Germany and China
– Getting to know China, Chinese cultures and China’s education system from unusual and new perspectives
– The opportunity of carrying out high level creative and independent work in a comfortable working environment within a committed team.
Your profile – Mandatory
– Fluent in English, no accent
– Conversational Putonghua-Chinese is a strong plus
– Working Experiences
– Academic Degree
– Experience in teaching 8-12 year old children, preferably in Asia
– Able to start latest at the mid of August 2018
Your profile – Preferable
– Degree in education, further certificates
– Knowledge of China and other than the native country
– Background in Chinese Studies, interest in Chinese culture
– Willing to relocate and work in Shanghai for at least one year
– Interest in cross-cultural topics.
Please, feel free to contact us regarding any further question you might have.If you are interested, please send your CV, cover letter and information on availability, specification of your desired salary to:
GE Qin (Ms)
Shanghai De Han Ling Cultural Exchange & Consulting Co., Ltd.
中华人民共和国，上海市，长宁区 201103 ，荣华西道 19 弄 5 号, 102 室
No. 5, Lane 19 West Ronghua Road, Changning District 201103 Shanghai City, P.R. of China
Phone 电话 +86 21 3126 8876-806 Fax 传真 +86 21 6275 0744
Ge@SinaLingua.com.cn Web 网址
* Geschäftsführerin: Frau Zuhui Mao * Sitz: Heidelberg * HRA 333050